“Just as it was in the days of Noah, so also will it be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating, drinking, marrying and being given in marriage up to the day Noah entered the ark. Then the flood came and destroyed them all.The signs in Noah's day were wicked imaginations, violence on the earth, excessive eating, drinking, and marrying. Christ indicated that these signs would repeat before he returned again.
Historical events have often followed a similar time line, repetition in a sense. If you were to ask why though, the answer is quite clear and found in the very fabric of our being. We forget God and incline ourselves toward greater and greater degrees of sin. Is it any wonder that wars, financial and economic meltdowns, and man made disasters follow can be seen throughout history with such great frequency? I would say not. Christ warns us here to remember our sin nature and take notice as to the pattern of sin that will repeat itself as man once again forgets God and lives without fear of his justice.
In reading Genesis, some other parallels are present that will repeat itself in the end of time:
In the Beginning-----In the End
- The days of Noah-----Signs of the days of Noah
- The catching away of Enoch-----The catching away of the church
- Cain's sevenfold punishment-----The seven-year Tribulation
- Mark on Cain's head-----Mark of the Beast
- 70 times 7 judgment-----70 weeks of Daniel
- The defeat of the serpent-----The binding of Satan to the pit
- The perfection in the Garden-----The perfection of the millennial reign
- The perfection of earth-----New heaven and new earth.